Wednesday 2 August 2017

Bolasie ready to fight for first team football

The 28-year-old picked up the injury in December last year and is only expected back again this December, but he remains motivated to continue working hard on his recovery.


The DR Congo international has spent time working with former British sprinter Darren Campbell as part of his recovery process and is eager to get back onto the pitch for the Toffees.

I wouldn’t say the injury has been a blessing in disguise, but it did give me the chance to work on all areas of my game. It can be boring, but I am getting to the stage where I can jump on a box, volley a ball and do bits like that he said..

Campbell has helped me out a lot with my sprinting mechanics. These are things I’ve always wanted to do, but neglected as I am already fast and strong.

I’ve gone over one of football’s hardest hurdles. My mentality is strong and the injury has given me the composure I’ve been looking for in the past. Instead of just attacking the sideline, I’m getting there and looking up.

I’m not scared, I’m more aware and thinking about my game – that’s going to help massively. I want to show the Everton fans what I’m really about. I’ve got a chance to come back as the complete package for the 2017/18 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment